Monday, September 19, 2011

Amy O

One of my oldest and closest friends passed away from a short but fierce battle with cancer. Over the weekend, David, Emory and I went to the Washington, DC area to attend a celebration of her life. It was a beautiful day filled with a lot of crying and laughing, both things that Amy did a lot of. It's hard to even find words to express how much pride I have in her--in the things she did professionally and personally as well as in how she handled the last, very difficult months of her life. Here is a link to an article in the Washington Post that talks a little bit about Amy and all of her accomplishments. The world is a better place because of Amy and I am definitely a better person because of her friendship.
Amy and I feeding Jack in 2008

At Amy's wedding in 2008
At our wedding in 2004 (apparently I needed to be squeezed into this dress)

Swimming

8th grade trip to Atlanta

Emory on the plan to BWI

Emory and Evan take a bath in the hotel

Emory, wearing Addie's pink jammies because his luggage got lost

All of us after the celebration

Amy and her daughter, Kira, June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment